The Research Education team works closely together with the teachers to develop pupils into independent and resourceful life-long learners who are equipped with the necessary research skills, as well as inter- and intra-personal, creative and critical thinking skills. Research Education is supported by our in-house Y1 RE Specialist teachers and teacher-mentors, as well as our extensive partnership with experts and specialists from various tertiary and research institutions, business enterprises and community organizations. Through offering our students a wide range of research projects in many fields of study, it is our aim to cultivate in our students the passion for research and learning , while at the same time instilling in them a sense of awareness of and empathy for the needs of various groups of people in the community.
• The Spirit of Inquiry
• Information Literacy Skills I
• Data Collection methods
• Habits of Mind
• Project Management Skills
• Communication: Oral Presentation
• Multi-Disciplinary Theme-based Projects Research
• Planning and Design I
• Information Literacy Skills II
• Communication: Report Writing and Journaling
• Collaborative Work Skills
• Individual or Group Projects, Mentorship Programme, Raffles Academies Projects: Research Planning and Design I
• Information Literacy skills III
• Communication: Portfolio, Research Report
• Publication and/or Public Presentation
• Knowledge Application: Consolidation of research skills resulting in ability to make links across different areas of knowledge as well as to generate, develop and evaluate ideas & information.
• Communication: Presentation of ideas in both the written and oral form.
• Collaboration: Contribution of personal strengths (IQ) in order to work cooperatively with a team (EQ) and achieve common goals.
• Independent Learning: Life-long goal of personal learning, reflection and improvement.